28.7.12

My Nails Now


Left hand: skimmer on thumb and middle finger (Ignore the blue ink stain on my ring finger..)

Right hand: shimmer on ring finger and index finger. My ring figure is pictured at this angle to highlight where the triangular shaped shimmer area begins and ends. 
I finally discovered what type of nail style I prefer when my nails are long this year. Mostly neutral looks. It is very easy for long nails to look gaudy(tasteless) or down right creepy. I counter this by filing my nails in a good shape and wearing more neutral/long nail mindful styles of nail polish. I really really like adding a little shimmer on a few randomly selected nails. It gives a top while still being low key.

My idea for this manicure came from a moveSlightly post

            

This manicure is flattering on both long and short nails (rare.) I altered it using the same type of (paper) tape and a different placement.

This lighting shows the detail better.


Essie "shine of the times" & Zoya "june" where used along with a top coat.

 

This color changes deptending on how the light hits it. Even though it doesn't really show in these pictures. Oh well...

Nails, Polish, and files!
Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. The partial shimmer design is unique! Your nails look healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it ebbs and flows. I have long periods of great nail growth with a little brakes here and there. One big thing that contributes to the overall look of my nails besides a healthy diet (most times ;) is attention to how I shape my nails.

      Delete
  2. I never use some fake color, because when I really want to replace them, I'll do that. If due to the time reason, that fade color looks even a little ugly, forgive my rude!

    ReplyDelete