19.4.11

Straight Out of NOWHERE....


Long Story ( that will be coming soon) short, its not ok to look Black at the NAACP. Last year at the ACT-SO competition sponcerd by the NAACP I went to national level in the category of oratory and health and  medicine science fair ( I won g-o-l-d on the national level in the health and medicine science fair category !!!). Here (bellow) I was trying to give my oratory  and one of the major comments (that are given in paper after the competition is over) I got from the female judge was that natural hair is not appropriate especially curled and to the side. Yep, happened in the real life. I have that papers to prove it. She said these things like I  came in with a three foot afro! but in reality (which she -being brain washed- could not see) this is what I looked like:


So this year I straightened my hair........... Its a competition that is really amazing and I don't want my hair to effect all those black judges. The saddest part about this is that I REALLY, REALLY  like competing in ACT-SO and to do that I guess I have to look as white as possible..  This year when I go the Nationals I will get my hair pressed AGAIN. I will go the ACT-SO competition nationals like the feminine verson of the Morehouse man and leave like the Black Panther. As soon as I get to the hotel room after I compete I am wetting my hair and going back to my Au Natural afro. But alas these are some of the pictures of my hair straight. The hair stylist at N&N Hair Designs is very good and gave me a great shape up and trim( *tear, 1 1/2 inch ) that I badly needed. My ends were bad.  I have nothing against wearing my hair straight if I just feel like getting it pressed. However to HAVE to it another thing entirely. My ends are a little puffy and it has only been six days. Nothing like east coast weather. This is why I not like having my hair pressed in the summer or spring. It does not last long at all.




Procedure:
Sleep in hard Rollers ( I know there hard, but the curl is much better. I can sleep on bantu knots so  6-8 medium hard rollers is so not bad) every other night with hair net and satin scarf. 

Word to the Wise:
DON'T I repeat DON'T go over your hair with a flat iron again!!!! (been there done that.) If your hair is going back.LET.IT.
Heat damage is no fun.

Over all:
I like my hair, it looks nice and all, but the reason I got it pressed is still crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment